This is the first of a series of videos in which I take a look back at the making of my 9-volume series, An American Family Portrait on the 20th Anniversary of the publishing of the first book in the series, The Puritans.
- History, well done, is merely a collection of stories.
- History combined with fiction transports the reader back in time so that they are living the past.
- Christian historical fiction lets readers experience what it was like to live as a Christian in a previous day and age.
- I write Christian historical fiction to tell hero stories that will change people’s lives.
- In an age of serial-killer bestsellers, why we need hero stories.
- I share some treasured letters from some of my readers.
JACK’S NEXT VIDEO:
The Incredible Power of Historical Fiction
An exciting step-by-step journey about how fiction makes history come alive.
New Videos and Audios
posted on Tuesdays and Thursdays